Thursday, February 25, 2010

Should An Adult Ride An Electric Scooter?

Not very long ago, I posed the question to myself; "should an adult ride an electric scooter?"

The concept of an adult electric scooter was not new to me, as my neighbor has ridden one for a few years.

My children have ridden them as well. My oldest son,(13 years old), has a "spiffy" 500 watt electric scooter.

He whizzes around on it at speeds reaching 15 mph, and has a blast!

So, privately I have always had an interest in owning one for myself. My neighbor's electric motor scooter is actually street "legal", and he frequently runs errands to nearby stores.

He still has to take back streets, as his model has a top speed of 21 mph. It does, however, have a headlight, tail lights, and a directional signal.

Consequently, he can readily drive after dark!

As far as I am concerned, the only electric vehicle that I have ever driven, is a golf cart. Actually, because we live in Southern California, I have always entertained the idea of ownong one of them.

The problem with that is pretty obvious, I am a lousy golfer, and don't play much. It just would not be practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment