Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Joy Of Electric Scooters

I just bought my 14 year old son a 500 watt electric scooter. He is a big kid, at 185 lbs, so I wanted to make sure his scooter had the power to get him around.

In the world of electric scooters, I certainly had alot of choices! I definitely knew I wanted him to get a scooter that he could perform tricks with.

However, at the same time, it had to have a removable seat that could adjust to his height.

I have discovered that if you are going to buy an electric scooter, you have to be careful. Check out the features and warranty of the model you are considering.

Make sure that you get a separate warranty on the battery pack, preferably for 6 monyhs or more.

Trust me, you don't want a cheap electric scooter. Some cheap models, especially for younger kids, have plastic decks.

Avoid those like the plague! The scooter body should be composed of high tensile steel, and the deck of an abs resin surface.

DON'T accept anything less!

No comments:

Post a Comment