Friday, February 19, 2010

The 4 Main Types Of Electric Scooters

When I first started to my shopping for electric scooters, the only kind I was familiar with was an electric mobility scooter.

My mom used one in her retirement community. Now, don't get me wrong, I knew about classic "push" style scooters.

Just about all of us had one of those when we were kids.

But after I looked around for awhile, I realized that I had ALOT to learn about the different types of electric scooters.

I discovered electric scooters for kids, which target youngsters between the ages of 8-14 years of age. Razor USA is one of the main "players" in that market.

Most of those models have a top speed of 10 mph, and have a 350 watt motor. Also, some models are a seated electric scooter, while others have no seats.

It is not unusual for them to run continuously for up to 45 minutes on a single charge, Re-charging generally takes 8-10 hours.

I also discovered that Currie Technologies specialized in a adult electric scooter. Often, these models can handle riders up to 260 lbs, and travel up to a top speed of 20 mph!

Motor sizes can reach 1000 watts, and require a 36 volt battery pack! Adults love to ride them while performing short errands and trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment